If you reach an error message on our web page stating that 'processing is taking longer than expected', there may be an error in the name and address details you have provided. Generally our system will finish processing your personal details within a few minutes, but if you continue to reach the same error message, we advise that you check the following:
In the My Details section of your account page, please check:
- That your name has been entered correctly
- That you have provided your full name (not abbreviated with initials)
If you have a name with special characters in it, this should not usually cause a problem, however if you have a name with an apostrophe in it, we recommend that you replace it with a space. For example, if your last name is O'Reilly, please enter it as O Reilly.
In the Address Details section of your account page, please select 'Edit' next to each of your addresses to check:
- That each part of your address has been entered into the correct field and using the correct format
- That your postcode has been entered in the correct format (including a space and in all upper-case letters)
- That only numbers are entered into the house/flat number fields
- That only text is entered into the house/street name fields
- That you have not entered 'road', 'street', or 'avenue' as abbreviations (rd, st, ave)
Continuing with your verification
Once you have confirmed the details above, to check if you can proceed with your verification, please follow the steps on the following page: How do I get back to the registration web page?
If you still reach the same error message, we recommend that you return to the sections above and use the 'Add a new name' and 'Add a new address' options to add any other names or UK addresses your information has been registered to within the last five years
Should you continue to encounter errors on this page, please contact our service desk for further assistance.