Online verification is not mandatory. Therefore, if you are unable to complete your GOV.UK verification with the Post Office, there are alternatives in place for you to access the GOV.UK service you need.
Access the GOV.UK service you need using an alternative route
For more information on the available alternatives for Universal Credit, please see: Alternative ways to verify for Universal Credit
For more information on the available alternatives for a DBS criminal records check, please see: Alternative ways to apply for a basic DBS check
All other GOV.UK services
For all other GOV.UK services, we recommend contacting the service you need directly. Below you will find contact details for each of those services. When contacting, please explain that you were unable to verify online for more information on the available alternatives.
- For issues relating to your personal tax account, checking your company car tax, checking your income tax, or registering as a trusted helper, please contact HMRC directly on 0300 200 3300
- To complete a Self Assessment tax return, please contact HMRC Self Assessment on 0300 200 3310
National Insurance number
- For issues relating to your national insurance number, please contact HMRC on 0300 200 3500
- To check your state pension or receive a state pension forecast, please contact the Future Pension Centre on 0800 731 0175
- To claim a state pension, please contact State Pensions on 0800 731 7898
- For NHS pension information, please contact NHS pensions on 0300 330 1351
- To view or share driving licence information or to apply for a vehicle operator licence, please contact the DVLA on 0300 083 0013
- To report a medical condition or renew a short-term medical driving licence, please contact the DVLA via https://live.email-dvla.service.gov.uk/w2c/en_gb/decisions/drivers%20medical
- DVLA medical is also available by phone on 0300 790 6806, however their lines are currently only for use by those who are part of the national COVID-19 response.
- For all issues relating to Rural Payments, please contact 03000 200 301
- To sign a mortgage deed, please contact HM Land Registry on 0300 006 0411