If you have not been able to receive the confirmation code sent to your mobile phone number, or you receive the code only to find that it is already expired, it may be due to the following:
- The mobile phone number may have been entered incorrectly on our web page, or you may have selected an incorrect international dialling code
- Your mobile signal may not be strong enough to receive the code within the two-minutes that the code is valid
- We may have a high volume of visitors which can cause a delay in sending the code
We recommend that you follow the steps below to see if you are able to resolve the issue:
- Return to the Post Office registration page and check that you have provided the correct mobile number along with the correct international dialling code
- If you have received any SMS messages from us, please delete them from your phone
- Turn your phone off and on again. Once your phone has restarted, you may receive several invalid codes from us. If this is the case, please also delete these codes from your phone
- Click 'Resend confirmation code' on our web page to see if you can now successfully receive your code
If you are no longer on our registration web page, please see the following article for steps to log back in: How do I get back to the registration web page?
Unable to confirm your mobile phone number?
If you continue to experience difficulties, you can choose to receive your login codes through the Post Office GOV.UK Verify app instead, as the app does not rely on mobile signal to display your login codes. To continue with this option, select that you cannot confirm your mobile number. For more information, please see the following article: How do I set up my two-factor authentication with the Post Office GOV.UK Verify app?